Our first encounter in business gifting occurred almost 20 years ago when one of our clients sent a simple baby gift. The message contained no company names or business addresses. This looked, felt, and sounded like a standard gift to welcome a new baby into the world between two friends. In fact, it was a business relationship.
The recipient called our office wanting to know how to open a corporate account. By asking a few very specific questions we learned that this was a business relationship between two people in the financial investment industry. The recipient has had two other children while in the workforce and this was the most thoughtful gift she had ever received. This got us thinking about what really is important.
Over the years, we have learned to be curious and to ask good questions to understand what a client is really trying to accomplish - whether it is as simple as welcoming a new child of an employee or client, or as complex as trying to shape an organizational culture that puts people first.
- Thoughtful, meaningful, and relevant advice and ideas on what to give.
- From the product, to creating the message and how it is packaged, we will lead the process.
- Service tailored for business professionals.
Our work will always build off of a company’s values, brand message, and business objectives. Sometimes there are ready-made products that need to be tailored for the company, but sometimes a project requires creating something from nothing in order to create the right message. In either case, we are up to the task.
Creating an Effective Business Culture
Gift-giving may be one of humanity’s oldest social rites, regardless of culture or economic system. The giving and receiving of gifts is often the unwritten protocol that builds strong relationships and helps to connect companies to their employees, clients, vendors, and others who are essential to their success. Finding meaningful and relevant ways to stay connected to your employees, clients, and other business partners can be a daunting task.
Why it’s important: it is expensive to recruit, hire, and onboard your workforce:
- Entry-level employee: 30-50% of their compensation
- Management position: often cost 150% of the person’s salary
- Leadership positions: it can cost 400% of their compensation. (Institute for Research on Labor and Employment)
- New client acquisition vs. client retention and growth: 5-10 times more to acquire a new client than keep and grow market share of current clients. (Deliotte Consulting LLP)
Hillary’s has a wide selection of personalized gifts from classic to creative, from fun to functional. Our ideas can help with occasions such as:
- Career Growth
We will take a leadership role to bring you ideas you might not have thought of. We will use all of our knowledge to help you with your gift-giving etiquette from what you give, to how it is presented, to when it is presented. We will take care of the details so that you can take care of the details of your business.